Thursday, January 10, 2013

Messy, Easy Up-dos for Busy Ladies

I feel like life still hasn't slowed down since the holidays! Plus, my little guy is as active and wild as ever and I've been chasing him around the house from sun up, to sun down! So if you're on a tight schedule like me, you don't have a ton of time to primp in front of the mirror. Lately I've only been washing my hair every four days or so, so I've been making the most out of each blow dry! 

Over the years of styling my hair, I've found that the easiest way to look put together with the least amount of time is this way. 

Day one: wash and style hair. Rough dry or air dry hair. (Depending on hair texture, round brushing might be necessary. Like for the curly types, not wavy types.) After hair is 100% dry, curl or wave hair with your go-to hot tools. I prefer my one inch curling iron. Then, rock your sexy, semi-perfect  style all day and night. Set curls for longevity. 

Day two: Brush or pick out your waves if you must. Re-tease to get yesterdays volume back. Rock messy curls/waves today.

Day three: Two choices. Re-curl a few key pieces to be able to wear your hair down and not look like it's dirty. Apply dry shampoo if you're into that sort of thing. Maybe pull front pieces back into a little braid or twist. Second choice, pull that mane up! With or without braids into a cute, messy ponytail. Your ends will still have some bend to them from previous curls. 

Day four: Definitely all up. Ponytail, sock bun, high top knot, fishtail or any other kind of braid, or low bun with pieces coming out.  

very polished little bun

Holly Fulton Beauty S/S '13

messy waves & a sweet bow


.

Hippie Hair
Link

Only washing your hair every four days does NOT mean only showering every four days!! Haha. Get a shower cap and try not to let your husband/boyfriend see! Since I can't stand being wet or having wet hair (especially in the cold winter) I try to go as long as possible in between washes. Hope you girlies can do the same! Remember: you have to train your hair to not get greasy so you don't have to wash it everyday. 

4 comments:

  1. Dry Shampoo & High Top Knot~ I like that & the other ideas as well!

    Vielen Dank! Porcelain Doll
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie and thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete